As a spa owner, it is important to note that it is the services that a massage therapist offers that will either make the client come back or look for another spa. If you get a massage therapist who is loved by your clients, it is important to do your best to retain that therapist so that he will always be available when your clients need him.
The main reasons why a massage therapist may resign from your spa is unfair treatment by the spa owner. Other reasons may be lack of enough business, better offer by your competitors, start their own spa, or a change of career. Ensure proper Spa and Massage standards are set, consult The Spa and Lash Studio Clearfield for proper legal methods to fair treatment.
Below are ways that a spa owner can ensure minimal or no massage therapists’ turnover:
- Personal recognition: As a spa owner, you should always show appreciation to your massage therapists every time an exceptional service is offered to a client. You should not be a person who only speaks when negativity is committed by the massage therapist. You need to show the massage therapists that they are valued and appreciated.
- Offer opportunities for growth: when an opportunity presents itself, you should ensure that a massage therapist gets room to grow in his career. This could be a pay rise or promotion when a vacancy arises in the spa. For instance, you should not outsource a manager when there are qualified persons among the massage therapists who can take up the position.
- Security: No massage therapist would want to work in a spa where the owner cannot pay the rent or even their salaries due to financial constraints. A massage therapist wants to work in a place where they are assured that it will be in existence for a long time. If the spa owner is unable to fulfill his financial obligations, the massage therapists will look for a more solid option.
- Pay: You should ensure that you offer better rates for your massage therapist if you do not want to have them hunting for better-paying spas. You can also offer additional benefits whenever possible as a way of appreciating their loyalty to the spa.
- Arrange seminars where your employees will be able to learn new things to better their career as massage therapists. You should use the extra training as a basis that will be used in giving promotions or even a pay rise. In doing this, the massage therapists will enjoy working in your spa and this will have a positive impact on the quality of the services that are offered to your clients.
When you are going through a financial crisis as the spa owner, do not let the massage therapists know. Discussing your personal problems with your employees is a weapon that they will use when looking for opportunities elsewhere.
You should also learn to remain positive as much as you can even when things are not okay. When an employee has been offering exceptional services and something goes wrong at some point, do not let the bad overshadow all the good that has been happening in the past. Always remember that you need these employees to keep the existing customers and also to attend to the many that will be referred to the spa due to the great services being offered by the massage therapist.